Sandra Ingerman teaches the following:
"Have you ever walked into a room and sensed the negativity or hostility of another person? Or have you ever felt angry at someone secretly, all the while acting like everything was ok? Whenever we interact with others in the physical world, an invisible exchange of energy is taking place too. We may see a smile on the face of someone listening to us, but what is happening on an invisible level? We all have an invisible dimension that we call spirit — an aspect I call “who we are beyond our skin.” We can’t see this part of ourselves, but together with body and mind, it makes up our whole being. In our culture, we deny a part of our whole being by not acknowledging this invisible level of ourselves. Yet all the while we send and receive negative thoughts and energy like “poison arrows,” not realizing the harm we do to our entire being. Energy we send through our thoughts and feelings impacts both our physical and emotional health as well as the world around us. That doesn’t mean we need to stop having negative feelings. It is our right as humans to have and express the range of feelings from joy and love to fear and anger.... It’s a part of what makes us feel alive. At the same time, it is important for us to look at what kind of situations and interactions trigger us, and then to learn to manage our reactions, express our thoughts and feelings in a healthy way, and all at the same time, transform negative energy to positive energy. It’s not an easy task, but if we want to change the world we need to focus on changing ourselves. Throughout time spiritual teachings have taught that our outer world is a reflection of our own inner state of consciousness. And no matter what outer negativity is being thrown your way, you have the power to start with yourself transform that energy to a positive outcome in the world.
Here I’ve outlined 8 simple ways to transform negative energy. 8 Simple Practices to Transform Energy
1. Breathe Breathing is one of the simplest ways to transform energy. When you are in a state of reaction, your breathing becomes shallow. By breathing deeply, you naturally transform your reactive state.
2. Set an Intention When you feel upset, just say the following statement to yourself: “I need to express how I am feeling right now, and I ask that the energy of my feelings be transformed into love and light so I am feeding the world with love.”
3. Think of a Precious Image The energy behind your emotions goes out to all living beings. If confronted by someone who evokes strong emotions, think of a loved one and impose his or her image on the face of the person challenging you. For example, you might work with the face of a baby kitten, puppy, or your favorite flower. What thoughts do you want to send to those you love?
4. Use the Power of Words Spiritual traditions teach that words are vibration and the words we use affect our lives. As children many of us used the phrase “abracadabra.” This is actually an Aramaic phrase “Abraq ad habra” and means, “I will create as I speak.” Use words throughout the day which remind you of the energy of love.
5. Be Grateful Think about what you are grateful for. Being grateful always transforms your current state of consciousness.
6. Project Strength Don’t pity others whom you perceive as suffering — this only pushes them deeper into a hole. When you see people in their divine light and perfection you help give them the strength they need to deal with their troubles.
7. Connect with Nature Water can wash away your pain. As you wash, visualize negative energy flowing from you and being transformed into light. As you stand in the wind, imagine the wind carrying what needs to be released and being transformed into light. Light a candle and imagine the fire transmuting your intense feelings. Or you can bury your troubles in the earth with the intention that the energy be transformed to love.
8. Surround Yourself in Light If you feel someone is being energetically hostile toward you, imagine a protective light surrounding you. Some people think of being surrounded by white light. I imagine being enclosed in a translucent blue egg. Find a color that works for you."
If Sandra's teaching resonate with you and you'd like to further explore these ideas consider her FREE 1 hour seminar on the Shift Network. You must reserve your spot in a session which will can be booked in any of 7 time slots for each day, starting today, April 30, 2020, and continuing through Sunday, May 3rd. Click HERE to enroll.
This is a introduction to her per-recorded course "Shamanic Journeying for Guidance and Healing", which a 7 week/module course for $197 (i receive no compensation from this) on the Shift Network. There is also an advanced course that you can take after this one called ""Shamanic Journeying for Guidance and Healing Part 2", which is an 11 module course for $497.